SI Jazz Festival Marks 30th Year This Saturday October 21st
On Saturday, October 21st, the ‘Staten Island Jazz Festival 30’ will be taking place at the Universal Temple of the Arts at Snug Harbor.
The event will feature a wide array of Jazz luminaries such as:
- Barry Harris
- Sun Ra Arkestra
- Reggie Workman
- Kiane Zawadi
- Leopoldo Fleming Afro-Caribbean Jazz Ensemble
- Danny Mixon
- Winard Harper and Jeli Posse
- Jeannine Otis
- Karlus Trapp
- Rudi Mwongozi
- Darrell Smith
- Musical Chairs Chamber Ensemble
- Uptown Dance Academy: A Tribute to Bob Cunningham
FREE PRE-FESTIVAL WORKSHOPS!
Staten Island JAZZ Festival 30 kicks off with FREE jazz-themed arts
and cultural workshops that will take place at Snug Harbor Cultural
Center from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
There are also set to be several pre-festival workshops that day from 10:30 to 1:30. The spotlight event includes ‘Forum on JAZZ: The History and Future of Jazz’ from 12:30 to 1:30 at Snug Harbor Building G and will explore the history of Jazz and its influence on everything from Blues to Rap. WGBO Weekend Jazz After Hours host Sheila Anderson will also be a special guest panelist.
Some come on out this Saturday and take part in a rich, vibrant musical event that is sure to please music fans of all type.
Buy your tickets over at the Universal Temple of the Arts website.
Latest posts by Vin Forte (see all)
- Purple Cloud’s ‘Major Key’ Film Debuts At Atrium Cinemas December 5th - December 3, 2017
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Winter Wonderland Staten Island - November 21, 2017
- The makeHERspace Radio Hour Takes The Digital Airwaves From SI’s MakerPark Radio - November 10, 2017