Court Yard Fridays Coming to Staten Island This June
This June, SI Arts and Design Trust for Public Space are teaming up to present Court Yard Fridays: A weekly event hosting music performances on four consecutive Fridays in June 2018, in the courtyard between the Staten Island Borough Hall and the old Supreme Court in St. George.
This concert series brings together pioneering music legends of varying genres representing cultures from around the world:
- House and techno powerhouse Worldtown Soundsystem on June 8 at 5 pm
- Funk and Brangra guru Red Baraat on June 15 at 5 pm
- Afro-Latin music impresario Papo Vázquez on June 22 at 5 pm
- Staten Island’s jazz band extraordinaire UTA All Stars on June 29 at 5 pm
Staten Island native, retired NYC Firefighter, and community organizer Kevin Washington; Philadelphia Jazz Project director Homer Jackson and designer Lynn Washington created Court Yard Fridays as a way to utilize the underused central civic space in St. George as a regular gathering place for the Staten Island community and visitors.
“Located directly across the street from the Staten Island Ferry, the Richmond County Courthouse – a beautiful example of neo-classical, 20th century architecture – will come to life at our four multicultural concerts featuring international music stars and local talent. We invite commuters, workers, neighbors, and visitors to join us,” said Kevin Washington, organizer of Court Yard Fridays.
You can learn more about Court Yard Fridays over on the SI Arts site and see a full listing of performances below.
Latest posts by Vin Forte (see all)
- Egger’s Ice Cream Parlor Opening Summer Location At URBY - May 10, 2019
- Stapleton Waterfront Revitalization Project Inches Closer To Reality - May 7, 2019
- 5 Things To Do Easter Weekend On Staten Island - April 18, 2019